Incoming Students for Studiesadmin
Incoming Students for Studies
Step 1: Submit Your Application
As soon as your University has sent to the Erasmus Office of T.E.I. of Epirus a Nomination Letter stating that you are an Erasmus exchange student, you have to submit:
a) the Application Form,
b) the Transcript of Records,
c) the Learning Agreement,
d) the Certificate of Greek/English Knowledge and
e) the Application for Accommodation by 20 June if coming for the winter semester or by 20 November if coming for the spring semester.
Your application can be sent by e-mail.
At the end of the process you are going to receive from us a Letter of Acceptance.
- You only need to send the Application for Accommodation if you are coming to study at the Departments of TEI which are at the towns of Arta and Ioannina, where there exist Student Halls of Residence.
- If your application for accommodation is not accepted or you want to study at the Departments of TEI which are at the towns of Preveza and Igoumenitsa, then our Institution supports you in finding accommodation in hotels.
- Send the above documents fully signed and stamped by you and the Erasmus Coordinator of your home University.
- Ten days before your arrival you should inform our Erasmus Office and the Departmental Coordinator about the exact day and time of your arrival and confirm that we received the e-mail.
- You should inform our Erasmus Office about any possible change of your address, e-mail or phone number.
- Whether you need a visa or residence permit for your studies in Greece, depends on your nationality. Countries requiring or not requiring a Visa:
- Make sure you have got Health Insurance: (i) Students from EU/EEA countries and from Switzerland must issue the valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) before coming to Greece. It would be helpful if they could present a photocopy of the EHIC card at our Erasmus Office when arriving at ΤΕΙ. (ii) Non-EU/EEA/Swiss Students should issue private health insurance or travel insurance for the period of their Erasmus studies, covering emergency medical treatment.
Step 2: Report Your Arrival
A. The first thing you should do is to report your arrival to Erasmus Office of T.E.I. of Epirus in order to get the Certification of Arrival properly signed and stamped.
B. Then, in order to get the card called “passo” (pass), which gives students discount for all land or maritime transportation means in Greece, you should:
1. Receive username and password by Host Department Secretary
2. Enter to http://paso.minedu.gov.gr
3. Complete the form (upload a coloured photo and choose the collection point)
4. Receive the passo card from the collection point after a notification via mail or sms
C. You are entitled to free dining by indicating your pass at the students’ restaurant.
D. You can have free access to the Library of TEI of Epirus.
E. You can have free Internet access at the TEI of Epirus.
- Your Departmental Coordinator is the first person for you to contact
- Remember to take from your home Institution the document “Certification of Arrival” which we are going to sign and stamp